Looking for a window in a haystack!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith6356

Reaction score
Hi there! We are working with an architect to design an addition that includes a dining room and sunroom. Our goal is to match the existing windows in the house, which are brown/bronze aluminum (no name brand on windows). House built in 1988, on a wooded lot, all "nature/earthy" colors inside and out. I am looking for horizontal sliding windows for the sunroom, where BOTH panels can be removed....would like to be able to completely open the porch up in the Spring and Summer. We have already looked at the EZE Breeze system and don't care for them, plus they have no significant R value.
We have shopped over 10 major windows manufacturers, and I've searched the Internet exhaustively. Pella's Impervia fiberglass window offers the brown inside and out, but only one window slides. Champion and Window World offers sliders where each window can be removed, and have brown on the exterior...but can only get beige, white or a wood product interior frame.
So...all brown, both slider panes removable. Am I asking too much?
Thanks, Brent
Charlotte, NC

Last edited:
Am I asking too much?
Maybe. Ask others, enemies and friends, if they think you are a perfectionist.

Get several companies worldwide to bid on the specifications you write for your windows and then decide if you want to pay that much.

I've seen cases where you get what you designed but only then do you realize that it's not what you want.

There is also an Opportunity Cost involved in endless searching.

Last edited:
I don’t know of what you are looking for but if you can get as close as the features you want and the color you want on the outside to the weather and say white on the inside, and money is still a concern over going into one of a kind specials. I think I would look into if you could paint the inside color what you want. Maybe even go to an auto body shop and have something really tough and the color you want applied.
Just a thought and welcome to the forum.

Back