Odd thing for a floor drain

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a sump or sump pump? Most around here if they didn’t have the drop ran them to a sump pump back then the same one the washing machine was dumped in. The guy that lived there wanted another shower for the oldest kid that was living in the basement so he cut the floor and ran a pipe over to the floor drain to get rid of the water. I have done that myself a few times. When they went to sell the house someone said that’s not to code so they pulled the shower and left the pipe.

No sump or sump pump.
There is a drain set up for the washer which is connected to the sewer.

It wouldn't surprise me that it is something that wasn't to code.

So, I now know what it is. Talking to a local plumber, I am told it is a drain for a shower. In the picture, you can see the markings of the stall. The Tuck Tape is fine so long as it doesn't get punctured. To be on the safe side, I should eventually break up the concrete and cap the line.

I think, that was an answer given here 2 pages back.

:rofl:
So, I now know what it is. Talking to a local plumber, I am told it is a drain for a shower. In the picture, you can see the markings of the stall. The Tuck Tape is fine so long as it doesn't get punctured. To be on the safe side, I should eventually break up the concrete and cap the line.

:rofl::welcome::hide:

I did not take anyone's comments as an insult. I feel a good way to end a thread is to have the orignial poster to say what they will be doing.

Thank you to all who posted.

Back