Moles

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storyg

Duster
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a way to get rid of moles in my yard? I have two acres and they seam to be all over.:(

I have a similar problem on a much smaller property.
Everyone says if you get rid of the grubs the moles will leave. That doesnt seem to be the case at my house.

I started using this trap that has two loops that you place into the main tunnel. It works great. I have killed two of them within a day of placing the trap. And I put the trap in the exact same place both times.

Check your local hardware stores. Or search around the net for mole traps.
I have hard mixed reviews of the natural remedies. And the mole chaser noise makers did nothing for me. They were tunneling right next to the damn noise makers.

Hey Cranbrook:
It sounds like you could farm all your cats out for a while and maybe pick up some tax money.
Glenn

Could not get the traps or poison to work. Wife read that juicy fruit gum would stop them. Carefully placed a small strip of gum in the burrow and covered the hole I made. Seemed to stop them, although I never found a dead one. Also sprayed the yard with a compound that was supposed to kill everything living.

I recently discovered a new method;
Right up to the side of my basement wall I dug a hole 38x52x42,
the next morning there was a dead mole in the bottom.

I know seems like a large hole, but you could always put in an egress window when you are done. Thats what I did anyways:D

storyg...this is worth a try
Mole Plant (Gopher Purge)
This plant is known to deter moles from your yard. The roots of the plant grow 10 - 20 feet in a season and emit an odor that moles hate.
My dad uses them in his garden and around his workshop. He saves the seeds off of the plants every year to plant new! You probably have to be careful not to plant these above water lines.

Latest posts

Back