Friendly People

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Louisville, KY checking in. been her 44 of my 49 years. LOL

For those who remember the TV show Hee-Haw,,,

SAAAAALUTE!!!!

The forum is growing and getting more interesting all the time.

Y'all stick around and get comfy. I'm interested in where this site will go some day. I hope you all become regulars.

This place is starting to remind me of the diner where all of the carpenters and other contractors go for breakfast.

I'm Tom in KY, pull up a chair!

Whar o' whar are ewe tooonight ,
Why did ewe leave me hereall alooooone????
I serched de wurld over and thoght I fuond true luv.....
Ewe met anuder and TTHHHPPPPPPP ew wuz gone..:D

Im from Steubenville, Ohio.

Birthplace of Dean Martin (singer), Wild Cherry (band), Football State Champs - The Mighty Big Red. Also, another band that went by the name of WHAM, but, due to conflict of interests, had to change thier name and it escapes me now ...hmmmm

But, I am a friendly person. Opinionated in some ways... Long winded in more than one way..Never learned to shut up and will give an opinion on just about anything, but, its always the best I can do with the experience that I have, or even a reasonable evaluation that will present all possible options:)

But, this is just my two cents, for what its worth, and a wee bit extra for the collection plate...

Jesse

Yep, Jesse,

We have all seen your posts. The replies on this forum are not always going to apply to each situation exactly. The questions are very vague sometimes and a broad range of opinion is a good thing to have. Someone may just hit the nail on the head, while the most educated guess will be totally disconnected from the original poster's question. Terminology and slang from region to region varies, and what we consider to be associated to a particular word, may have a totally different meaning somewhere else.

There's nothing wrong with trying to help. Stick around Jesse.

And to all who post here, please don't attack anyone for posting their experience. The meaning behind a reply and the impression that others get when reading are often very different. Most people here try to pick their words carefully as to not offend anyone. Thought is provocative and many people will not agree with all that is said. When the flames come, try to handle it in Private Messaging. No-one else wants to hear the bickering. I have seen misrepresentation cause the worst responses on this board. Speak only for yourself and let the rest be.

Thanks,
Tom

P.S. As of this posting, Jesse is up to 74 cents worth. 2 cents at a time.

Square Eye , as usual is on the ball. I would like to send out a welcome and tell you to pull up a chair. Be as long winded as you want and alway's post YOUR opinion.
And for those of us that get heated.....don't take personally any grief you may get from anyone who has a different opinion,does it really matter what folks think? Do try to give the best information possible and let folks build on that.Isn't that what we are here for? ,,to help folks out?
It is a mad, mad world but.....:D

It's the AMERICAN way:cool:
(Insert American Flag here!!!)

Square Eye said:
The meaning behind a reply and the impression that others get when reading are often very different.

remember folks, font doesn't express emotion, or carry a tone!

People have different thoughts on a certain topic. On this board for example, preferred construction techniques and code, vary by region, so what may be right for one, may be wrong for another, be sure to get enough info.

As far as the long winded responses, I too feel that way sometimes. My messages here are long compared to elsewhere. I like to think of it as attention to detail. If someone can explain to you how to pour a foundation, frame, and finish a 4K sq ft house in one short paragraph, you may require additional resources.

I pulled up a chair per your request tom.

cheers!

Wow this is an oldie...ahhh remember when...[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqnm3A10m8I[/ame]

TTHHHHPPP we're still heeeerrreeee.....

Back