Board Games

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
Anyone else play them? I like Mancala and Monopoly. I have a old version of Monopoly but will be upgrading soon.

I play dominoes as well, but I get tired of it quickly.

Pick up some board games, they are a blast. My wife and I play them a lot, even without the kids. We played Sorry last night.

Good times!

Used to play Stock Ticker, great game but they left out brokers, bankers and agents. I guess if they had put them in there would be no winners.

And everyone else would lose.

Monopoly and Life are close to real life. You either become super rich or you fall off the edge of the world or the board anyway.

I miss them, grew up with them.
Can't find people to play Scrabble anymore, my favorite. The online versions just can't compete.
Play cards (Spades) online when I feel like getting cussed at.
I drag Apples to Apples to family gatherings just in case people want to have a few laughs without much time investment or mental strain. It gets pretty good reception even for the skeptics.
It seems the trivia games just serve to humiliate people.
Chess... *sigh*

I play dominoes as well, but I get tired of it quickly.

Pick up some board games, they are a blast. My wife and I play them a lot, even without the kids. We played Sorry last night.

Good times!

My wife likes to break out Yahtzee when she wants my undivided attention.

Mancala, my parents had a nice handmade board that they used as a coffee table type decoration that visitors couldn't ignore.

Do you have any pics? I've been wanting to do something like that for some time.

My wife likes to break out Yahtzee when she wants my undivided attention.

I love Yahtzee. I didn't play it as a kid so it was new to me as of a year ago.

Do you have any pics? I've been wanting to do something like that for some time.

I would have to go through tons of pictures on the off chance it would be in one but I found this one online.

It's very similar but ours was more shallow. I can only assume the one in the picture below would be annoying trying to take out the stones or beads, too deep and narrow. Seems like you would have to dig.
Like the one in the picture, ours was also textured, not smooth. I think the rough grain adds to the character of it.

Mancala-board_zps9944bbae.jpg

That's really great! I was thinking of integrating one into a coffee table.

Never heard of Mancala, did this search, interesting boards.

Wow, that is a lot of selections.
There are even ones with hinges... cool.

I found one that looks just like ours though, thanks for the link:

Mancala-board-2_zps6e31027a.jpg

I liked the ones they just dug in the dirt.

I did that once. Took forever to play the game, but it was fun. People kept coming by the camp ground just to see what we were doing.

I did that once. Took forever to play the game, but it was fun. People kept coming by the camp ground just to see what we were doing.

Well part of camping with the kids, is meeting and getting along with the people you meet there, sounds good.

It was fun. I always like the people I meet on vacation. The stress is gone and they seem to be enjoying themselves, which is starkly different then when I run into them in traffic!

When the kids were young I could predict the weather, just had to go camping and it would rain everytime.

Back