New to the tile world... can you help me decide?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b2dap

Reaction score
I have been looking to begin tiling a small room in my home to practice before I tile my kitchen floor. I've been searching for a tile saw at a moderate price that will get the job done. A lot of people have suggested the Felker TM-75, is this a good choice? I was thinking maybe i'd want something a little more powerful, but i don't know if i need it. Can anyone help me?

That will work fine, you don't need a lot of power for a tile saw. It just needs to last a DIY project or two.:)

Sounds like you have an interesting project being planned!

If you are only doing this as a personal project then get homeowner grade and not professional grade tools. For this type of project I would suggest getting a tile cutter from Harbor Freight Tools. Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 3470 S. STATE STREET 801-484-9556

There you will find a reasonably priced selection of tile cutters and many other homeowner grade tools. The one I occasionally use is their biggest but it fit my budget ($300) and is easy to use.
hth, Doug

95385.gif

I actually plan on doing more projects than just in my own home... so I've been looking at tile floor strippers, but can't decide which i should pick up. Do you guys have any experience or insight?

thanks.

Do you mean removing ceramic tile from the floor? Unless this was going to done daily, rent for a large job, on a small job use a hammer and wonderbar.
my .o2, Doug

Latest posts

Back