12/2 Romex or 14/2 Romex for Recessed Can Lighting?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never saw where he said that. I thought he had some guys he hired off the back of a truck demo it and they left a bunch of old wiring hanging and leading to points unknown in the walls. With the potential to still be powered up.

You're right except there is no power to the building. Everything is still hooked up in the walls like outlets and light switches but the wires are just hanging out the top of the walls because no ceiling. That's fine I know where they go but it's the 2 wires coming into the kitchen that I can't figure out where they come from, I'm assuming they supply power to the kitchen. I guess I'll have to wait until I have the electricity turned back on to see if those 2 wires have power on them?

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I think if they are run all the way to a breaker and the power is off you should have continuity between white and ground.

I think you are correct Neil. If I wasn't on my iPhone I would like your post. If you work with communication wires and the power is off hook your toner to the wire and go to the breaker and find it.

I think you are correct Neil. If I wasn't on my iPhone I would like your post. If you work with communication wires and the power is off hook your toner to the wire and go to the breaker and find it.

I could do that if the Mexicans I hired wouldn't have stolen it, lol! No joke, my fault for hiring people hanging out in parking lots!

Back