replacement window problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cameraman

Reaction score
I have prism replacement windows. While cleaning I must have popped the upper window shaft out of the cam.and now the window has no tension and now will not stay up. How difficult is it to pop it back in .Can I just put it in place and then give it a tap with a mallet. Or does it require expertise and special tools?

Cameraman, you should be able to put the window in position without resorting to using a hammer. Make sure all the contact points are lined up correctly. If you start hitting it with a hammer, I'd suggest having a piece of plywood handy in cast you need to cover the new hole in the wall.

Are you talking about the tentioner on the side of the window that's popped out? You should be able to just turn the window slightly and it should just snap back into place.

You guys were right it was two minute job.The line of work I was in before I retired required planning ahead 4 or 5 steps.Which leads to complicating simple jobs
Thanks

Back