Jig saw that won't let me down

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quattro

Massive Tool Belt
Reaction score
I've been through a few jig saws. More specifically, cheap ones. It's time for a real power tool. I've been looking at the Bosch 1591EVSK Barrel Jig Saw as my be-all, end-all saw. I use my jig saw a lot (home projects), and these cheap ones really let me down (blade wander, blade camber, bevel cuts, lack of power, etc).

Anyone have input on this tool in particular? Other options I should consider before laying down the cash?

Thanks!

Congrats on finding one of the best jigsaws available. Look no further. I have The Bosch and I LOVE it!
I had a Porter Cable model previously and it was nice, no blade wander, but the power was very lacking.
The Makitas look nice, but the Bosch was far and beyond the others for Price, quality, fine tuning accuracy and features.

Not trying to one up anyone...hehe..but I love my cordless Bosch units.

I bought a cordless kit which comes in a really large carry bag.
It has 3 -18 volt batteries,1 skill saw,1 jig saw, 1 drill/hammer drill combo,1 sawzall and a power planer. It was about $400 bucks but I use them every day.

The replacement batterries are $80 .

I have had them for about 3 years and they still go strong.:D

The cordless does a fine job of tackling a couple of doors or jambs . Then grab another battery and get back to it.

In my jobs it is a great addition to my time savin tool bag.:D

I have a bosch top handle model (don't know the model #) with the tooless blade change system, which is really convenient. I don't know if the barrell grip design would have such a feature but I gotta say, I like the Bosch over the DeWalt and Porter Cable jigsaws I've owned in the past.

Back