old windows

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leal

Reaction score
I removed some old windows, they are aluminum, bout 30 years old, i hate to just toss them in the trash, what could i do with them.
think they would sell? They are from my own house.

Thanks
billy

Post them on Craigslist. If they don't sell, move them to the Free section. Some people use them to make greenhouses, etc.

As a last resort you could bust out the glass and sell the aluminum to a scrap yard - probably not worth the effort.

Put them on some good classified website under the sales or old items headings.

I suggest to you that, If It is possible to remove an old window from the frame, remove the old putty and paint, remove the glass, repair the wood as required, re-install the glass, and re-paint. The results will look great, and the window will perform well for many decades. The cost of materials for this approach is low, likely below 50 dollars per window. Thanks

Regards,

I think you can put an ad about it , in old items selling column or see whether you can fit in those windows some where in your place. or you can very well redesign it to even fence your house if required.

Last edited:
Back