JBWELL Pump

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeraT

Reaction score
Hi I have a JB well pump that was hooked up a few months ago. It was working fine until I put in a new water tank. The pump continuously comes on every few minutes even when I am not running water. I now have to keep the breaker switch off for the pump so it doesn't hike my power bill....What may be causing this?

Ok I will have someone look at the pressure switch.

Water leak.
Bad check valve.
I doubt the pressure switch is the problem. Do you have a pressure gauge on the tank? What does it read when the pump shuts and when it starts? If the pressure is dropping when no water is being used then you have a leak.

Why did you change the tank?

There is a pressure gauge and it doesn't work. I think there is a very small leak but that is a slow leak.

someone gave me a bigger tank which we changed out.

It's obviously the tank. It's probably a bladder tank and the air pressure in the tank is set way too high. This keeps it from taking in very much water. To properly set the air (precharge) in the tank, first turn off the pump, drain all water pressure from the system by opening faucets. Once the water pressure is at zero, set the air pressure in the tank to two pounds lower than the pressure switches cut in pressure. Tools needed: Tire gauge and possibly an air compressor.

I will be working on this this weekend. I will let you guys know what happen.

Back