Building a desk

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffSeb

Reaction score
I am about to start work building a desk but before I start I know a few angles I will have problems with. I was wondering how do you find the angle if it is not a 90 joint?

This is the general shape of the desk, the angles circled are in question.
desk.jpg

Last edited:
Unless I'm completely mis-reading this, and being a total idiot (both of which are VERY possible) those would be 22.5 degree angles, right?

so if I were cutting those on the table saw, I would set it at 22.5 for all of them?

Cut some scrap material first to make sure this is what you want, But those are 22.5.
Good luck.:)

Thank you.

I asked for the desk to be built 6 months ago and its not done. We set a deadline of 2 weeks, 4 weeks have passed. They haven't started on it yet. I have a meeting here within the hour to talk to them about it. I decided to bypass them completely and build it myself but now they are saying they've turned down other jobs to be able to do it :(

I'm past the end of my rope with patience with them but have no idea what to do now. I don't want to jepordize our friendship but at what point do they understand they are too busy and let go.

Thank you.

I asked for the desk to be built 6 months ago and its not done. We set a deadline of 2 weeks, 4 weeks have passed. They haven't started on it yet. I have a meeting here within the hour to talk to them about it. I decided to bypass them completely and build it myself but now they are saying they've turned down other jobs to be able to do it :(

I'm past the end of my rope with patience with them but have no idea what to do now. I don't want to jepordize our friendship but at what point do they understand they are too busy and let go.

They have NOT turned down other jobs to build your deck. Liars.

They either can or cannot do the job in a timely manner.

Now... If you let them actually START the job, you are probably royally screwed, because you're obligated to let them finish it - if and when they get around to it.

Back