Hello from a traveling DIY retiree

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don41

Reaction score
I have recently purchased my family farm in southwestern Ohio. I was born and raised there. The farmhouse dates back to the 1830s and my wife and I are renovating/restoring it. We are very interested in researching and installing a geothermal HVAC system and want to be as "green" as possible and practical in our work.

I currently live in Bowie, MD where I am maintaining a rental townhouse and my family home for the last 25 years. I am doing the necessary projects to prepare to put these on the market within the year.

I am a recently retired public high school principal and science teacher and enjoy keeping busy with DIY projects.

I look forward to interacting with this community.

Welcome to the Forum Don:
The geothermal systme is a very good choice. Janie and I put one in our house over 10 years ago and haven't been sorry yet. It has more than paid for itself and, considering the outrageous natural gas prices of late, its more like 1-1/2 pay-back. Also, when the system is running frequently, we get free hot water from the compressor cooler. It will cost more but it is well worth it.
Glenn

Latest posts

Back