Creating storage in attic

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billmack30

Reaction score
I'm thinking of laying down OSB for very light, rarely accessed storage in my attic. I can work around the vent pipes, however there are these supports that I am wondering if it would be ok to remove. They seem to be temporary supports that were left up when construction was done. I understand there's very little info here to make an informed decision, but I guess the question is that if they were meant to be permanent, wouldn't they have fastened them with more than 2 nails?

Also how would you go about creating storage up here. I'm thinking of laying down 2X4's perpendicular to the joists and then laying osb down on top of that. That way I would have channels that I can run any wires along that lay across the joists and also due to the 24" span of the joists

DSC_0348.JPG

two nails does not make it temporary. All the trusses in my attic are nailed just that way. But as for your supports; what are the other end of these attached to?

Back