suggestions needed on floorplan

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stamello

Reaction score
We just bought a house and some acreage and want to do some renovations before we move in. The current floor plan is below. The upstairs we're OK with keeping as-is: it's just one big room that can be used as a den.
Problems with the floorplan: 1) no bath available without going through a bedroom, 2) bedrooms tied together.
Things to know: the wall between the upper bedrooms is a load-bearing wall.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks
aaes7b.jpg

Last edited:
I would look at the pantry /laundry as a solution. Move either one to the first bedroom and make a separate entry for that back bedroom.
I like to be able to walk in the house to a bathroom, cleanup and enter the house. Just make sure you have a really good fan in that bath...it is where folks walk in.
A really big laundry room is great...just close the door when you want.

IF you don't want to do away with any of the bedrooms I would take 2 feet off the ofice/bed room and add it to your old master closet/ new bathroom giving you 31 sq ft. more than your existing small bathroom. You could either leave your old bathroom in place or convert it into your master closet and tie it into your master bath.

What's in that utility room now?

A water heater?

Last edited:
Move the master bdrm door from left end of hall to right end, in line w. closet and blue wall. Fill in door btwn bedrms, put a 2' deep closet on left bdrm. side, remove exist, clst in left bdrm.Remove blue line wall, put new door into right bedrm at adjacent hall wall. Make 10x5 bath the new mstr. bth moving exist. wall over 1' (10x6). Make mastr. clst. the new main bth.Wall opening to mst. bedrm. from mastr. clst. New door into main bth in hall at HALL word, near stairs.Remove mstr. bath wall. Add wall/closet in mastr. bedrm. for right bdrm.stsrt on left side of extg. mstr. bth. dr. going towards new mstr. bdrm. door, stopping 3' away. It's late, I'm tired, hope you can read my short words.
Be safe, G

Back