How do I attach the penninsula cabinets to the Concrete?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat B

Reaction score
I ahve a concrete slab in my kitchen. I want to install the cabinets first then install the laminate flooring over the concrete.

I'm not too sure if the 6' penninsula that I'm going to have needs to be attached to the floor or if the countertops and the rest of the cabinets that are attached to the wall are good enough so the penninsula won't move on me.

If I was going to attach the penninsula to the concrete, how would I do it? I can't drill/nail anything into the concrete because it contains my heating pipes and water pipes not to mention my drain. Striking one of those would be terrible beyond belief.

I have a penninsula in my kitchen and it is attached to the floor. I guess in my opinion it wouldn't hurt to sturdy the area. There are always the "what ifs" and accidents that happen.

Find out, if you can, where your pipes are located. You could use concrete anchors. Another option would be to use adhesive. Liquid Nails makes several products for an application like this. Slap some on and it seriously is like a rock.

2x4s laid flat and fastened to the floor, glued, nailed, anchored, whatever works :)

Arrange them to fit inside the base of the cabinet, then use screws in the toe space to secure it to the 2x4s.

Latest posts

Back