return or air vent

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wartrock

Reaction score
I had a new heat pump installed and return ducts installed in 3 of our rooms. I also had the installers put venting into a sunroof that we plan on insulating and using more on a regular basis. The bents they installed cannot be shut off and I am not sure of they are what should have been installed. Here is a pic. These are the same vents they installed in the other three rooms for returns.

ForumRunner_20111030_131533.png

ForumRunner_20111030_131637.png

I had a new heat pump installed and return ducts installed in 3 of our rooms. I also had the installers put venting into a sunroof that we plan on insulating and using more on a regular basis. The bents they installed cannot be shut off and I am not sure of they are what should have been installed. Here is a pic. These are the same vents they installed in the other three rooms for returns.

On the most part we do not put shut offs on the return air vents. If you don't pump air into a room to pressurize the room then the return air vent will not pull much air into it. If its a room that you want to turn off the air flow 100% then you can put a turn off on it. We do not want people to turn off too many return air and burn up there furnace. Paul

Thanks
I will talk to my installer and see if I can get shut offs installed until I can get this room insulated.

Yeah, I would say somethings not right about that

Latest posts

Back