ac fan

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighouse84

Reaction score
a/c fan keeps shutting off but unit inside still on think could be compacitor where could i buy one at

Could you be more specific on your problem?
Which fan keeps shutting off?
What do you mean by unit inside still on?
I purchase my capacitors from Graingers, just make sure you take the old one in with you so they can match it up with a new one.

Don't think it is your capacitor. A Capacitor is used to start motors or devices that need additional power to start
If the indoor fan continuously running after the outdoor unit shuts off, the first three things I would check are, make sure the fan switch on your thermostat is set to correct setting of Auto, the fan relay or thermostat both would cause the problem.

Don't think it is your capacitor. A Capacitor is used to start motors or devices that need additional power to start
If the indoor fan continuously running after the outdoor unit shuts off, the first three things I would check are, make sure the fan switch on your thermostat is set to correct setting of Auto, the fan relay or thermostat both would cause the problem.

Yes right I was facing same problem but AC technician told me that that was your Thermostat Problem .. i think you need to Call AC company from which you buy your ac. and How old your AC is ?.

Back