New Guy With Old Stuff

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bull

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been looking for a site like this for a while...glad I found it!

I like old stuff. Fittingly, I live on the family homestead, which my grandparents bought back in the 30s. I love the personal history here, but the house, original barn, small garage, and sheds all need some kind of work, from serious to more minor.

I am not naturally skilled in carpentry, and I struggle with math and geometry so it is hard for me to "visualize" how things should be made for purposes of strength or precise fitment.

I have become more adept at the basics, though, especially after working for seventeen days with a crew of two Vermont barn builders to build my new barn this past summer. Here is a pic:

DSCN2776.jpg

It's the nicest structure on my entire property lol!

Shortly, I am going to post a question about my next project, which is to try and save a struggling little 2 (maybe 1.5) car garage.

I look forward to being active here. :)

Welcome Bull:
As you have probably already seen, there are several professionals here to help you with almost any facet of the work. Bring on the questions (accompanied by more pictures if possible) we will jump right in with help.
Glenn

Thanks for the welcome, Glenn.

I've already posted a question in the framing and foundation section, along with a lot of pics. I'm not sure if I violated board etiquette with all the pics (I found I was limited to four in one post) so please let me know if what AI did was unacceptable.

Latest posts

Back