masonry stain

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPowner

Reaction score
Hello
We have a big interior firplace that was built in the 70s and was bricked with some ugly pink (yes pink) brick. We have heard there is a brick stain that may be able to change this color and keep the original texture and not have that paint look. Has anyone tried this and is it easy to apply and where might we find some. Thanks

Stain is available from most brick yards. It can be applied with a brush, a roller, a garden sprayer or a paint spray gun. I have seen it done several times. The biggest problem I see with it is the sun fades it. It looks really good, then the sun bares down a few years and it gets lighter. This is especially a problem when it's stained to match other brick. There was a crew working on a building near one of my jobs where they had 3 or 4 Wagner sprayers. The all in one airless units with a cord. It was all one guy could do to keep up with cords and keep stain in the cups of the guns. Wagner sprayers are cheap and might be worth the price for a home owner to stain a house.

Latest posts

Back