Damaged 220/50a wire

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is the block: http://www.idealind.com/products/wi...s/terminal_blocks_intermediate_heavy_duty.jsp
I can't find a link to the box, sorry. It's just a regular blue plastic box the guy at my local electrical supply store had.
Let me suggest that you use these instead.
2351d1202137233-polaris-connectors-underground-polaris.png

They are fully insulated. All you have to do is tighten them with an Allen wrench. They are Polaris IT connectors and you can buy them at any good electrical supply house. You are unlikely to find them at a hardware or box store.

Yes . That is one of the suggestions I made many posts ago .

God bless
Wyr

Tom,

Are Polaris taps rated to be buried in the wall? The residential contractor I used to work for liked using the Tyco splice kits because they were rated to be buried in the wall. I was never a fan of buried splices of any kind, but I was just curious if you knew the code on that.

Tom,

Are Polaris taps rated to be buried in the wall? The residential contractor I used to work for liked using the Tyco splice kits because they were rated to be buried in the wall. I was never a fan of buried splices of any kind, but I was just curious if you knew the code on that.

Sorry I do not know if they are listed to be used concealed or not.

Latest posts

Back