Disappointing Door knob experience

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theboomboomcars

Reaction score
My wife and I have just closed on our new house and we want to replace all out side door knobs. I was hoping to be able to get some that were made in the USA to help support our falling economy, but to my dismay none of the available door knobs were made in the USA.

Contgradulation on your new house.. Feel good that you put plenty of money into the economy in closing cost.

You could always hire a locksmith to rekey your locks.....

Hey Josh:
Sorry about the door knobs but congratulations on the new house.
Glenn

Buy the knobs that you like the best. I can assure you that a couple of door knobs isn't going to jump start the U.S. economy. If you don't beleive me, ask Pres. Bush, he'll tell ya that he's damaged our economy beyond comprehension.

Thanks for the replies. We just got the knobs we liked, but I still think it is sad that in America we cannot find a product we want that is made in America.

The sad part is we only have our selfs to blame. .. Stores used to carry American products along side china products but the country choose to save $10 Just to go spend the difference on a triple whopper.

But the good news is we are still taking the profits.. Its still our truck drivers delivering the products to our stores who mark the stuff up 50%..

Now when we start ordering our products on line from china and get it delivered by China- Ex. Then you can start worrying..

Right now its just simple economics. I don't want to work 12 hours a day @ $4 hour making locks do you? With cheaper locks we can afford New Houses and additions and be able to pay our workers $40 hour to do it..

Latest posts

Back