Power Tool To Remove Caulk From Brick

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxHomeowner

Reaction score
Two layers of silicone caulk seals the garage frame sides to the house brick. I used 3M Caulk Remover but left it on too long so the hot sun baked it dry. Working in 100 degree temps so something other than a hand scraper is perferred.

Would a wire brush wheel powered by my drill help me quickly take the caulk off the brick?

Other suggestions please. Thanks!

when the weather gets cooler, try paint stripper. If you can get some "Turco" that would be best

That has been the case in the past. Seems our home builder used caulk to hide cheap lumber plus the caulk almost welded itself to the smooth faced brick. The multi function tool using a flat blade was recommend to me by a pro but was too expensive and would probably never be used again. Tried the most powerful paint stripper I have ever found. It did nothing. I used Liftoff brand caulk and foam softer, a painters tool, wire brush and very, very narrow and intense spray sream of water. Got most all off. I'm hopping the building contractor will do me a solid and remove te small amount left. Oh, I worked at first light for about 1 hour for four days.

Latest posts

Back