Gerstner & Sons antique tool chest

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that exact same toolbox in quarter sawn oak. Beautiful boxes. Don't know why you're selling it, but good luck!

Mine came without a key. I called Gerstner with the number on the lock and they sent me a new key for $5. They were also able to give me more information about the box, including who built it, the type of wood, etc.

1.jpg

That's a nice chest, MinConst. Not really practical for my needs, but I still appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into wooden tool chests. As of this writing you're up to 12 bids and $260. But of course, you'll get more than that before the auciton ends. Good luck with it. ;)

I saw your post at woodworkingtalk.com. Bummer! What was the final bid?

Acutally, it may go a little higher this time, since you wetted a few appetites. :)

ToolGuy
The final bid wad $470.00 I think the final bidders account was the one with the problem. Next lower bid was 460.00

It was fun watching and now I get to watch again. I hope the outcome is close. I had the $$ spent on some tools. :D

Back