Help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. Incredible

Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I bought a new townhome two years ago. It is a new development that was built very cheaply, so much so that furnaces are malfunctioning, pipes are freezing and breaking because the heat is inadequate, etc.. The furnaces are in the attic with heat coming out of ceiling vent on all three floors with no returns. They undercut the doors and call that the return. My question is is it legal to have white PVC type one pipe coming out of the furnace and up through the attic roof which I beleive is a venting pipe. Actually all of the house has PVC piping, kitchen and baths. IT appears that the pvc pipe leads to the outside and my brother in law thinks that it might be illegal. We actually got a notice from the "management company" that we should keep the cabinet doors under the kitchen sink open to keep the pipes warm (impossible to do since the heat coming out of the ceiling is immediately sucked up the stairwell to the second and third floors) and we shold keep our water faucets running. Also these units were built on concrete slabs so it is nearly impossible to heat the first floor. I live in the northeast and the temp has been in the single digits. I think my neighbors pipes froze this past weekend and that's why those notices went out. These units are only three years old. The developers will not answer our questions and I beleive may be going bankrupt

Back