New installed garage door will not open all the way ?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnism

Reaction score
I just installed a brand new 1/2 power garage door all connection are good and sensor are working correctly .
I can manually open the garage all the way no issues , but when I try the opener it goes up about a foot off of the ground about 6 inches past the sensor and then it stops . Then when I press the button and it returns to the ground with no issues .

I have tried adjusting t the upward force with no luck ( same results ).

Thanks for any help of suggestions ,
john

Two things I can think of is miss adjust eye sencers. Most have a red and green LED in at least one of them. It needs to be a steady glowing green light in some cases. Others just have a steady red light.
The second thing I'd look at is how the rails and sencers are attached. Some are just a clip on sencer that clips to the rails, but I've seen them many times have such a poor mount where the rail mounts to the wall the track moves and trip the sencers.

Take a look at what convention they are utilizing for a limit switch. It might be that the limit switch is being made at the wrong time.

Back