Straw that broke the camels back

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We like to bitch about the rich and their loopholes but it is your job to take advantage of every loophole you can find. It's called management.

Loopholes are great but I have been audited twice by the irs and I will tell you that isn't fun at all. I did win both.

put the company in your wifes name then you will be eligible for minority deductions

also eligible to bid minority contracts with state or fed

Close corporation, go sole prop with one or two employees. Easier to hide stuff when sole prop plus the state charges a grand a year just to have a Corp.

The government doesn't know what to do with small companies. In fact, all the stats for small Cos. usually refer to companies with about 100 employees...that's what the gov't considers "small business" If you have twenty people you are expected to manage like you had 100 people. Imagine how it is as a freelancer or a Mom & Pop business.

And small business owners have no safety net: no unemployment if your business folds, no disability unless you insure yourself. And you are still expected to be brave enough to stand on your own feet. The gamble is hardly worth it. They have to hide the hardships behind the glorified name "entrepreneur".

i think small mom and pops should run on a flat tax.

that way they can budget and grow

i think small mom and pops should run on a flat tax.

that way they can budget and grow

Forecasting a budget is just part of doing business if they can't do that they can't buy inventory or rent a shop or hire people.

Our problem has been we get very busy for 6-8 months and then nothing for a couple months. Over all we do ok. We are not making it rich but we are making a living and the company is growing.

Back