DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Fridge cabinet installation

Old 01-10-2017, 04:48 PM  
Snoonyb
Liked 363 Times on 322 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealtw View Post
Are you still at it. Wrap you head around the fact that I can by drawer slides rated up to 200 lbs and you mount them with 8 #6 x 1/2" screws so there is no question everything will stay together just fine.
So, you dowel dwr. slides into a refer. decorative end panel?

I'm just trying to get you to clarify how cumbersome your method really is, for the benefit of others.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:41 AM  
vinny186
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My fridge is 32 1/2" wide and my fridge cabinet is 33" so I decided to add 1/2" of cabinet filler strips on both sides of the cabinet.

Because I'm installing this myself, I need to secure the other end panel to the wall and/or the other end panel then raise the cabinet into place.

Would you guys attach the filler strips before or after the cabinet is in place?

Click image for larger version

Name:	kit.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	13334  

Old 01-12-2017, 09:51 AM  
Snoonyb
Liked 363 Times on 322 Posts
Likes Given: 1

To keep the faceframe of the cabinet tight to both decorative end panels only use a filler that will bring the side of the upper flush with the side of the faceframe, which in modulars is 1/8", any more then requires a scribe mold to bridge the gap between the faceframe of the upper and both end panels.

Add the filler before you install the upper and a strip at both the top and bottom of the sides and you'll have no deflection when you nail at the top of the end panels.