How to clean mesh office chairs?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rajanshah

Rajan Shah
Reaction score
This is my first thread on this forum. I have 10 mesh office chairs in my office. I want to clean it but, don't want to damage mesh part. So, How can I do it?

1. Vacuum the mesh to collect all loose residue. A hose attachment will allow you to clean along crevices and cracks where dirt and residue often build up.

2. Pour a squirt of liquid dish soap onto a cleaning rag, then moisten the rag with warm water. Twist out excess water.

3.Rub the damp, soapy cloth over the mesh chair. Also remember to clean the wheels that often gather dirt.

4.Run a cotton swab under warm water, and clean in small cracks that are not easily accessible by the vacuum or cleaning rag.

5.Dry the chair with a clean rag, or allow to air dry.

I like gcintegrations's answer, but would go very easy on the soap. Adding a tiny amount of vinegar to your rinse rag will help avoid water spots.

I would also give the chairs a quick mist of Febreze after the cleaning for that fresh "just cleaned" scent so people take notice of the work.

Do not put feet on the base of the chair, as this can cause scratches and scrapes that are difficult and sometimes impossible to remove.

I agree with the above comment. cleaning it with warm water in small cracks would help you to maintain in good condition.

Vacuum them, use rubbing alcohol, scrub with a sponge, let dry and then scrub with a clean soft scrubber. Prepare to be amazed.

I like gcintegrations's answer, but would go very easy on the soap. Adding a tiny amount of vinegar to your rinse rag will help avoid water spots.

I like your advice. But with the vinegar included in the rinse, would that not add odor to the chair? If it doesn't I think I know now what should I do next time that I'll clean our dining table and chairs.

Thanks

You have been pushing this thread sonce 2011 . . . are you EVER going to clean your chairs??? :confused:

Back