Questions on kitchen improvement costs.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuNkDrSpOt

Reaction score
Hey, I'm about to purchase my first home and everything looks ok considering I'm gonna be paying the same for my mortgage as I do for rent right now but my main concern is the kitchen.

The kitchen in my soon-to-be-home is horribly ugly and seems as though it was hastily put together. The range is on the other side of the U-design as it should be, there's no dishwasher and the cabinet space is virtually non-existent..

I've been trying to read up on all of this as much as possible but i was wondering if someone could give me some ideas on pricing to see if i can afford to do this now or if I'll just have to live with an ugly kitchen for a while. I would greatly appreciate any estimates you guys might be able to throw at me.

My goal with this is to put a dishwasher where the range is, move the range to where the window is and getting a smaller window ( cause i just dont see at this point how I'm going to increase space with that window that's 2 big for top or bottom cabinets ) and putting the frig against the wall to the left.

- Any ideas on cost on adding about another 3 cabinets and about 5 or 6 floor cabinets? I'd just like to match what I have and I don't think by any means that what i have is 'premium quality'.

- Cost of moving a gas range from one side of the u-design to the other? There are no gas hookups on that other side so how much would that cost to do? I'd like to do this so i can knock down that ugly ledge and because the range just looks so out of place right now.

Here are some pics of what I have to work with.

DSCF1779.jpg

DSCF1781.jpg

Latest posts

Back