Pool costs

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckDiamond

Reaction score
I would really see some numbers of those who have underground pools put in. How much it cost and what you got would be great to know from several sources.

Well I have never bought a pool but I had worked for a pool builder. Its hard to give a price that would be suitable for what your wanting. First off there are several inground pool types Fiberglass, gunite w/ plaster, vinyl, ect. Also with the prices of fuel and plumbing supplies always fluctuating its kinda hard to say. Heck even the type of soil that you have in the yard plays a role. I know this post is old but other people read it as well. Call a pool builder and have them come out and look at the site to give you a proposal; some builders have package plan. If you find a builder make sure they are with the N.S.P.I.............. that way you can assure you are dealing with the best.

Pj

Got one about to be started, small 12*24 foot vinyl liner pool with surrounding 5' deck plus medium size patio, all equipment + some swim jets with it's own pump. Little under 27K after sales tax. We priced slightly smaller fibreglass pools with much less concrete that were a little more expensive to a lot more expensive. Gunite is more still.

Probably ranges from 20,000 on up depending on size and features.

We got our 18x36 inground vinyl pool for around $17,000. We purchased the pool "kit" (which included everything needed to install pool, pump, salt generator, creepy crawly, vacuum, skimmer net, diving board, ladder, walk out stairs, spill over spa). We had a freelance guy install it, which included the dig, 3 foot concrete deck plus a 20x30 patio. This was about 3 or 4 years ago. It may have taken a little bit longer than having a pool company do the entire thing, but not a lot longer - perhaps a week. I would highly recommend a salt water pool - far less maintenance and it's so much easier on bathing suits, skin, etc.

Latest posts

Back