DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Side electrical gig in NY

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:46 PM  
afjes_2016
Established Member
Liked 104 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Well said afjes_2016.
Saying "thank you havasu" as I bow my head down gracefully and respectfully step backwards.

To the OP (O.riginal P.oster to this thread/topic).

If at any time you do not feel confident enough to perform a trouble shooting method that I suggest or feel you may not have the experience or comfort level to do so please ask questions before proceeding.
Electricity is dangerous and if not handled properly can cause serious injury or worse!

Last edited by afjes_2016; 08-11-2017 at 05:43 PM.
nealtw Likes This 
Old 08-11-2017, 05:16 PM  
afjes_2016
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kok328 View Post
If it were me I'd Sub it out.
Get a licensed electrician take a look at it that way all questions will be answered.
Of course not being licensed myself I'd have to sub it or walk away, too much risk involved.
Subbing this project out would be ok if the OP in this case "Marsel" knows the "ins" and "outs" and all the CODES (both NEC and AHJ) so when the sub contractor presents his/her price with the "specifics" itemized to "Marsel" he/she can look at the proposal and know for sure that his/her "sub contractor" has his/her "sh$t" together enough. Because, guess what?? Even thought "Marsel" subbed it out "Marsel" would still be "on the hook both financially and liability wise for any "hick-ups" at the end in the job (I am putting this mildly). The "main contractor" bares sole responsibility for the project. If it fails inspection etc, it is up to the main contractor to have the "electrician" return to correct the "errors". The main "contractor" will be sued if there are personal/property issues; good luck tracking down the "sub electrciain" and holding them responsible for any damages either "personal or property" if something goes wrong.

If at any time you do not feel confident enough to perform a trouble shooting method that I suggest or feel you may not have the experience or comfort level to do so please ask questions before proceeding.
Electricity is dangerous and if not handled properly can cause serious injury or worse!

Old 08-16-2017, 05:16 AM  
afjes_2016
Established Member

Marsel, any word on this electrical "gig" - Just curious.

You received some very good advise in this thread.