How do I remove countertop caulking?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulmars

Reaction score
1st two pics caulking still entirely in place, Second 2 pics most has been scrapped away, but it still needs more cleaning.

Gasoline dont work. I dont know what type of caulking was used. Im afraid that all my scraping has marred up the counter and Id rather not scrap anymore.

Any ideas?

http://s276.photobucket.com/user/paulsmars/media/counter caulking
%20apartment/P1010005.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

You picture didn't go through. Can you download the pic directly to the computer rather than using a host site?

Also, never use gas for caulking.

You picture didn't go through. Can you download the pic directly to the computer rather than using a host site?

Also, never use gas for caulking.

i JUST COPIED AND PASTED THE URL AND IT WORKED FOR ME. I hate caps lock.

Sorry, the requested page does not exist.
Please check the URL for correct spelling and capitalization.

pics

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters"

P1010003.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

Ahh, I see pics!

As far as what you need to remove the caulking, unless we knew exactly what was used, it is only a guessing game as to what you can use to remove it. I'd recommend using either "Goof Off" or possibly "WD-40" and test the area to make sure it doesn't attack the finish on the countertop. Also, try applying these two items using a steel wool, but again, test first so you don't damage the surface.

Back