2 Gas Furnaces- One On~One Off

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAHH

Reaction score
I have an old house that used to be separate apartments. I have it as one house with an east side and west side furnace. The east side furnace is turned off - I can only afford the west side, where most of the living space is located. Am I safe to heat the whole house with one furnace or will I get burst pipes, etc.?

Where are you located? Are the east and west side connected? How cold does it get in the side you don't heat?

In Pennsylvania. The sides are connected and open. It's the upstairs and downstairs of the warmer side of the house and the hot water radiators throw alot of heat. I don't use the side that's off very much as the bathroom and kitchen that I use are on the side with heat. There is still a lit gas fireplace insert that must be hooked up to the other side's meter that can throw some heat, if necessary, on the side without heat. I just wondered if I could try to use just the one furnace? Thanks for thinking about my problem.

Latest posts

Back