Building a hunting shack.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
passed a newhunting law yesterday for mississippi.

we can hunt over bait now

got 2, 50 lb sacks of corn and 2, 50 lb sacs of apple corn .

I kill 1 or 2 a year for meat. and feed the others regular to keep them healthy.

they come to my back yard 30 minutes before sundown, lay down and wait to be feed.

spoiled *** critters

noticed something, they turned their noses up at the salt block, did not want anything to do with it

a raccoon, on the other hand. LOL..would try and steal it every night.

he would try and tote it off, but all he managed to do was roll it.

till it got small enough for the lil robber to drag it off.

Last edited:
It's yours. LOL,

attachment.php
I need that sign

Last edited:
Was supposed to go up there next weekend and do some work and turkey hunting but my hunting buddy broke his foot a couple days ago so it may be a no go.

UPDATE, our hunting shack burned down a couple months back when a fire came through the area.

UPDATE, our hunting shack burned down a couple months back when a fire came through the area.

Yuck..wheres the unlike button.. Looks like a good reason to get back out there then!! Let me know when! LOL

I am not sure if I will get back out there, I am moving to Idaho in the spring and have Turkeys on my property so no need to drive a day.

I was just lookin for an excuse to build stuff and drink a beer..:rofl:

Your new start sounds good , good luck!

I am looking at buying some empty land in the woods so I can build another shack like that and have a place to drink beer, er I mean hunt.

you are going to need a turkey blind it sounds like.

because it is light and can be carried in. i use 1/2'' emt..i build a 4x8 box 4' tall

i smash the ends of the emt with a hammer,. then screw the frame together using sheet metal self tapers

i fame it in 4 wall panels, 1 roof panel and put chicken wire zip tied to the panels

you can carry the panels to your location, stand the panels up, screw them together,

,,,plant a couple of creeping vines one on each end

they will grow all over it, and throw dead fall branches around it.

put you a bucket in there and your good to go

I wonder about the smell of composting toilets. They use them all the time in the Tiny House shows on FYI, DIY, and HGTV. Not sure why because they have showers and sinks so they'd need some kind of proper hook-up for the gray water as well as the black water. I've never seen them install a holding tank in one of the tiny houses.

I wonder about the smell of composting toilets. They use them all the time in the Tiny House shows on FYI, DIY, and HGTV. Not sure why because they have showers and sinks so they'd need some kind of proper hook-up for the gray water as well as the black water. I've never seen them install a holding tank in one of the tiny houses.

What goes on in a tiny house stays in the tiny house.

Back