Shower problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyB

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Today I noticed that around were my shower head where it connects to the pipe was dripping a bit. I removed the head and noticed that around the threads on the pipe it had corroded slightly. I'm assuming that's where the leak is coming from.

Is there a way that this can be fixed at all? or will the whole pipe have to be replaced?

Thanks

Jeremy

Replace the whole pipe. It will be easier and if the threads are deteriorated, they will continue to do so.

The pipe coming out of the wall is commonly called the "goose neck." It is cheap to replace. Just unscrew it and get a replacement. Apply at least three turns of teflon tape to the wall end of the goose neck and screw it back into the wall. Use a cloth to cushion your pliers so they do not scratch the new goose neck.

Slip the metal escutcheon on the pipe (see picture) until it contacts the wall. Apply at least three turns of teflon tape to the remaining threaded end of the goose neck. Screw the shower head onto the pipe.

Turn on water and test for leaks. You LIKE?? :D

GOOSENECK.JPG

Latest posts

Back