snowmelt heat-tape?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmike25

Reaction score
Is there a heat-tape like product for roofs? I've got a couple of valleys on my roof that are pretty much flat. They are collecting ice, creating ice dam's, causing leaks. If I could keep them from freezing, I could minimize the damage until I can change the roofline this spring. Thanx, Mike

Welcome Mike:
Yes, there is a heat tape for roofs. Check with the local heating and air conditioning supply house. Here is a site that tells about it.

http://www.deanbennett.com

The heat tape in this site is self-regulating; that is, if an area of the tape gets too cold it will heat up, when it is warm enough it will shut down. It can even be crossed over itself with no danger, it won't melt down or short out.
Glenn

Thanx Glenn. I never thought of Dean Bennet for a roof problem! I dealt with them a couple of years ago. The best thing is that they are only about 75 miles away! Thanx again, Mike
By the way, your link wouldn't work, not sure why

I had too much junk on the end of it. Now it is working fine. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
Glenn

Hi Glenn, You're welcome. I called Dean Bennett after work today (about 5:00), and they are only open 7-3:30. Odd hours for for a supply house. I'll call during the day tomorrow. Anyhow, thanx again for the tip.

Latest posts

Back