Problem With Blower Moror

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffh

Reaction score
I am only getting 15v ac out from my board to the blower motor. Blower motors leads had a resistance in the 7ohm range. Blinking diagnostic was 'idle/waiting' position. when I turned stat up for a call for heat, inducer would turn on, then burner, then high limit and shut down…no blower.
Do any of you knowledgeable people think it would be my board that is faulty?

Do any of you knowledgeable people think it would be my board that is faulty?
Yes, but there may be a lot of money riding on your diagnosis. And it may be just a bad $20 relay on your board. Post a schematic and photo of the board.

Thanks for your help guys. I figure it is the relay, but I lack the expertise to locate a replacement, detach and solder on a new one. Where is a good online place for relays? I will keep the old one and get a buddy to solder on a new relay, and then I will have a backup board. I replaced the board for $200(canadian) with a newer generation white-rodgers and it works great again.

I use Digi-key or Hosfelt.

With a schematic for my board I saw that one pole of a two pole relay was unused so I did a lot of cutting PC tracks and rewiring to use these unused contacts instead of the burnt contacts on the other relay.
It was dumb luck and I checked it many times before applying power.

$200 might be reasonable, I've heard of a kilobuck for some of these touchy boards.

BTW, [less than 30 mV]/[more than 100 mV] across closed relay contacts at rated current means good/bad contacts, respectively.

I tested this benchmark on a blower relay that was right at the 0.1v mark and it worked (but my sample size was only one). The new relay closed contact voltage was virtually zero.

Last edited:
Thanks fir that Wuzzat. Ya I found the part 50a65-843 for only $100, but amazon.com doesn't ship north of the border. I grumbled and paid double, but at least the wife is happy(and cool) again.

Yeah, these women. . .they know stuff that men don''t know. And maybe cannot know. :(

Latest posts

Back