Inspector

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vermont, about 60 miles away got a foot at the skislopes....we just had 4 inches of rain and lots O wind.:D
It is beautiful with the leaves around here though.
So.... you don't like snow?

Vermont, about 60 miles away got a foot at the skislopes....we just had 4 inches of rain and lots O wind.:D
It is beautiful with the leaves around here though.
So.... you don't like snow?

Love snow, we just don't get much of it and it will only last a day or two. Everything I own is 4wd, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, Ford F-350, Honda Rancher and I haven't used 4wd once or twice in the last 4 years.

Leaves around here are just starting to turn, bit of fall in the air. Had the windows open for the last month. My favorite time of year.

Headed to the deer lease in the AM and see if maybe I might stretch the string on the old PSE. Older I get, crossbows are looking more and more attractive. Only been a couple times this year, works been getting in the way of recreational activities lately.

Minnesota - 40's this morning and upper 60's and sunny and clear. Most people have pulled out the boats and docks (after the 20" inches of snow on 10/31 a few years ago), since they are still gun-shy.

Now they are praying for snow and cold, but in our location we never seem to get the big snows to keep the skiers and snowmobilers happy. At least the ice fishermen will be able to have their ice house mansions towed out on the ice in 6-8 weeks. Since they have generators, refrigerators, freezers and satellite TV, they just keep them on shore and use them every week-end and call them a "cabin".

Weather is just a "state of mind".

Dick

I love snow, it seems to clean everything up.:D
And it does make for a bigger paycheck at the end of the season as long as we get it.
My boys and I love to go snowmobilin, sledding and cross country skiing. The sledding part is because they get pulled back up the hills with the snowmobile or quad. We also get to track the varmints out here easily enough. Last year we had a mountain lion, and actually saw him. He stuck around for a few months and loitered around my neighbors livestock. 6 goats and 62 chickens later it moved on. Then the moose showed up.:clap:

Dick, I have seen the Mcshantys around here too. Guy's just hidin from the world.....in a state of mind that has alot of empties outside the door.;)
But you folks in Minn, have a whole different kind of cold. My cousin raced her dogs out that way there last year, the high for the 4 days was -10.She had to drop out with about 50 other racers, the dogs could not handle it. The guy that won was from Wisconsin.

Back