Locking tabs

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triplem399

Reaction score
I've searched the internet and I'm unable to find the plastic locking tabs for the top cover on my York Diamond 80 furnace, anyone know where I might find them :confused:

Thanks for posting that link, but I tried and for some reason it wouldn't send in my email. I did call their toll free number and they couldn't help me because I'm not a contractor. The rep. gave me a name and number for a supplier near me, but when I called they didn't have it in stock, knew of another supplier, but even then, he didn't think price of the plastic tabs would be worth the time and effort.

I think in time all those plastic door clips become brittle and easily break. Occasionally you luck out and the door has four clips and only the top two are used/needed as the bottom is held in place by a channel. If so just swap top to bottom. If not I have quickly solved the problem, with customer approval, by shooting two self-tapping "zip" screws the same height but an inch or so away from the busted clips location. -make sure you are only going into the cabinet flange-. I believe that "York" also made "Coleman" and "Luxaire" so there is a possibility that their clips are interchangeable if new clips are the only way you want to go. I've seen pictures of Coleman clips available on-line if you wished to see how they compare to yours.

nealtw.....they weren't there. The cover was held in place with duct tape.....not pleasing to the eye or something I would have never done.

ozone.......I've heard the heat will cause them to be brittle and break off and I like your idea using zip screws which I will do since I'm having such a hard time finding them. I would prefer having it like it was when it was installed, but it is what it is.

Thanks for chiming in and the ideas!

Back