House not level- foundation has settled, options?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTevaD

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here - I have a house built in 1955 -it is a "front-to-back split", see attached. It is not at all level, the front is lower than the back - all furniture and appliances have to be "leveled" or you feel like you are going to fall out of bed.(as much as 2 or 3 inches from one side of a full-sized bed to the other!) I have just lived with it to this point, is this worth jacking up and leveling? Even if I did, the finished basement would still be off level as it it part of the foundation..? Any and all advice appreciated! :)

IMG_0277.jpg

Last edited:
ramjack or chance systems,,, any house mover can help, too ! you could also get joey pots'n'pans & jimmy 3fingers to burn it & try to collect the ins :banana:

Depends on the causes of your settlement problems...If it is termites or rotten seals it could get into some money. If settlement is from your foundation/footings settling it also could cost....if it has settled 3" . when you do try to relevel it that much it will crack plaster/sheetrock and all that will need repair afterwards.....The basement floor can be releveled by pouring a new slab on top of the old one.

Last edited:
Back