My Old House

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigErik

Reaction score
I just recently bought a house and will close on it soon.The Realtor says its a Colonial but I have looked at photos of colonial homes and see little resemblance. I was wondering if anyone on here can tell me if the Realtor is correct. It was built circa 1889.

Also you can check my profile for photos... thanks!

If I were to guess it would be a victorian with a blend of modern colonial.,its a wonderful home regardless.,you are blessed.:):):)

If I were to guess it would be a victorian with a blend of modern colonial.,its a wonderful home regardless.,you are blessed.:):):)

Thanks for the complement. I believe my house is a hybrid. A mixture of styles. I have gotten different answers. I did contact a lady who is an architectural expert and she said it looks like a vernacular farmhouse with a Queen Anne porch. The layout of the home does seems more that of a farmhouse. No fancy foyers and plain medium size rooms.

The porch seems to be what's confusing. I am still trying to find out if the porch was a later addition.

Latest posts

Back