Hello from KY

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCPO_RET

Reaction score
I work as an IT Network Analyst in a prison approx. 1.5hrs from Lexington. I own a 554-acre farm with some buildings that really need some TLC! Thanks in advance for all your assistance. If I can return the favor with any IT questions feel free to send me a private message.:)

MCPO. I have a small problem you might be able to help with
I reset my computer,
now my memorex speaker, that is plunged into the head phone jack on the front of a pavilion HP
is not working
on the tool bar the speaker icon has a red x and in settings no audio devices are installed
I have never had to install this speaker before, it just plugs into the port
what must I click to get my speaker back?

now my memorex speaker, that is plunged into the head phone jack on the front of a pavilion HP is not working on the tool bar the speaker icon has a red x and in settings no audio devices are installed
>>You had to restore your system?
>>Did you do a factory restore? If yes, it should have reinstalled the drivers for your sound card. If you upgraded you might need to download them (audio drivers). The easiest way to resolve this is to go into your device manager (you can search for it in the Control Panel or right click on "Computer" and go to "Manage). and check the status of your sound device. I am assuming it is not present or does not have the right driver. Google your exact model number of the PC and download the driver that matches your operation system. I am also assuming that there is not a problem with the speaker itself.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Back