What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long will it take before someone b------- about the heat. If we had 80 for two days I would have started.

Hey, Bud, who's winning the snow race?

We have a 5.5 inch lead right now and it’s looking pretty good for Erie at this point. I don’t know how long they go until they call it. Maybe the Fourth of July.

This morning I had to warm the cars again as my truck had a heavy layer of frost and the temp got down in the high 20’s overnight. So I guess we could still get a bit more but I don’t see anyone picking up 6 inches. We are now well into the mud season here as it’s warming up midday. My Girlfriend works at a trucking company that sells landscaping materials also and she said they are getting lots of calls asking for soil and mulch and when she tells them the piles are still frozen they get mad telling her it’s in the 60’s.

Last night I backed in to my spot and there is a good 10 inches of mud and it froze overnight. After I got unstuck this morning the ride was pretty bumpy for the first few miles till the ice mud fell off.

All winter my project was the house renovation and I kept looking at the garage and the addition on it wanting to get in and start working on the work shop. So far we have had a couple warm days and I got a lot of demo done in there. This guy that had the place before us was a master of hanging things from the rafters. He built these drop down frames that he used to store plywood of all things and walk around under them. The neighbor tells me he had 20 or 30 sheets up there of half inch and another one with drywall and studs and such. I started taking them down and OMG each end was held with 2 or 3 drywall screws screwed in an inch maybe. Craziest thing I ever saw. But at least I know I have a good strong roof to take the snow.

Tee shirts won’t be far off now.

Do they make short sleeve tee shirts? I have heard about them but in Erie I don’t think they would sell…….

I need something to keep the sun off. Dang it's getting hot around here. Liked to burn my hand on a shingle roof today. ;)

It was 97 yesterday, I got a nasty sun burn at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

I don’t know how you guys can handle all that warmth. We had another hard frost overnight but up to 30 by sunrise. No snow. Today’s high should be in the 60’s garage look out here I come.

I'll take mid 70's. I about burned my hand on shingles climbing around on a roof today doing an inspection for an insurance company. Short spring, it's now summer. Guess I'm not as tough as I use to be...

Woke up to fifty degrees today yes 50. Was amazing taking the dog for her morning walk. The fog was thicker than pea soup and the deer were running everyplace along with the possum, rabbits, squirrels and anything else you can think of. The drive in was slower than a snow storm.

We hit 72 today. Fantastic day. Bad news is that they are calling for cold again. Maybe more snow?

I got a little color myself today. Can't call it a burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Yesterday we hit 80 missed the record high by one degree. But they are calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow tomorrow. So the race isn’t over yet and Syracuse is licking their chops for one last blast too.

Looks like they will call a winner around the first of May. Read all about it. http://goldensnowglobe.com/

There are some advantages to living in a place like this. Until recently it had a very strong industrial background with some very good paying jobs but still had a low cost of living. You can commute 15 minutes into a city job and live in the country. The seasons are normally quite nice and you do tend to really take advantage of the summer when it gets here.

Latest posts

Back