Post Your Kitchen!!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TxBuilder

This thread is to collect pictures of various kitchen styles.

Please keep the chatter out and only post pictures. If you have any questions for a person start a new thread about it.

OK....here's some I've built the cabinets for....first one for another guy, other are some of my rental houses. ( Is that too much chatter ? ;) )

5027_p60657.jpeg
5027_p60658.jpeg
5027_p78173.jpeg

Did our kitchen about 20 yrs. ago. It's soon going to get a freshening up.
(Plz excuse the mess, Daughter making Christmas Cookies)

Very nice indeed, interesting idea to put the door pulls sideways looks real good.

Here is another photo. The sideway door pulls flow with the appliance handles.

finished003.jpg

Paul, looks nice.

Here's where I'm at. Wish those counters would show up soonest.

This is a kitchen I remodeled for a client a couple of years ago. I copy/pasted it here from my website for those who don't care to wander away from these here forums, :eek: . Click on the images for a larger view.

This next photo shows another angle, taken before the counter and backsplash were installed.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the arched opening. It used to be a small door near the fridge, and a few walls with closet space where the light switches are. Again, click the images for a larger view.

The next photo shows the marble tiles and the counter top samples. The samples to the left are a man-made material of about 97% quartz. They're supposed to be practically indestructable and never need to be sealed. Even when holding them in my hand, I could not tell they are synthetic. They chose the one on the bottom right for the counter top.

Thanks Daryl - I stick mostly with woodworking and carpentry these days, but that was from the bad ol' days when I used to do everything under the sun. It was also one of those jobs where I got in way over my head, but I always come through in the end. ;)

Haven't done much to the kitchen yet. I'm not exactly sure when it was remodeled, but it's got Corian countertops with an integrated sink, nice view from the sink window out over the mountains.

The only thing I've really done is to replace the electric glass top stove with a nice antique gas stove (I prefer to cook with gas). I purchased it from somebody local who was going to put it into their home, but thought it wouldn't be safe with kids around. I refinished all the porcelain parts (grilles, drip pans) and had the griddle coated with teflon (better cooking surface than the original chrome)

We have discussed remodeling the kitchen, but are waiting until all other projects are done (bath, paint, stairs, etc.). Then we can think about the kitchen...the stove stays :D

Here are some current pictures. The first is just after moving in with the old stove (me with the ladies) :D The second shows the work I had to do to get the new 40" stove in the space. I had to modify the drawers and cabinets to get it in. The last is of the new stove in place. '47 O'Keefe.

Before:

oldkitleft.jpg

oldkitright.jpg

After:
ovensidedone2.jpg

sinksidedone.jpg

Still needs trim, crown molding and some other finishing touches...but it's an improvement! With new appliances it was about $8K.

Haven't done much to the kitchen yet. I'm not exactly sure when it was remodeled, but it's got Corian countertops with an integrated sink, nice view from the sink window out over the mountains.

The only thing I've really done is to replace the electric glass top stove with a nice antique gas stove (I prefer to cook with gas). I purchased it from somebody local who was going to put it into their home, but thought it wouldn't be safe with kids around. I refinished all the porcelain parts (grilles, drip pans) and had the griddle coated with teflon (better cooking surface than the original chrome)

We have discussed remodeling the kitchen, but are waiting until all other projects are done (bath, paint, stairs, etc.). Then we can think about the kitchen...the stove stays :D

Here are some current pictures. The first is just after moving in with the old stove (me with the ladies) :D The second shows the work I had to do to get the new 40" stove in the space. I had to modify the drawers and cabinets to get it in. The last is of the new stove in place. '47 O'Keefe.
Very nice job retrofitting the great looking new stove.:) :)

Latest posts

Back