Evergrind E202

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkcarlton

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the same problem many have mentioned here yet none of the threads I read helped me.

Evergrind E202 disposal bought and installed about 2 weeks ago. Last night I put ice down the disposal, turned it on and it jammed and started spraying stuff ground up food out of the top. I turned it off, noticed a tea bag was in the disposal and the string was wrapped around one of the blades. Removed all of it, let the disposal cool off, made the blades turn with the hex tool in both directions, made sure nothing else is in the disposal, pressed the reset button and it does not work. It makes a humming noise but will not run. The blades turn freely and easily with the hex tool.

Anything else I can try? We are renting this house and the owner lives in another state. He had a friend go buy and install this GD and I would hate to bother them after such a short time. This thing is two weeks old...really hoping it does not have to be replaced.

Thank you for any suggestions.

~k

Back