foundation repair

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelma066

Reaction score
I have a home built in 1900 and the house is starting to settle or lean.closet doors are sticking floors are sloping. What can I do

You have peirs under the house that are deteirating or have tilted and or Termite/powder post beetles or water damage to main seals

This means your main supporting beams are damaged and letting the home settle.

Call several foundation repair contractors to get estimates

The majority of houses do not have piers under them until a company has come in and installed them after the house foundation failed. Usually when a new house has piers it is because the soil in that area is not capable of supporting the structure and they can be driven down to load bearing dirt to hopefully prevent future settlement. Settlement can be caused by faulty footer drains, by trees growing to close to the foundation robbing the soil of moisture, poor water drainage or a host of other problems. You can go to our website (a1concrete.com) to learn about foundation repair. You can also go to our competitors sites (Ram Jack, AB Chance or Atlas). They have a lot of information as well. Stay with your bigger company's like the ones listed above and you should not have a problem. Make sure you check the BBB for complaints as well when you choose someone to fix your problem. When you have foundation problems, it can be very scary, but in the years I have been doing this type of work, I have not seen too many that I have had to walk away from because they could not be fixed. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back