what to do with square wooden panels all over the wall?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skimmilk68

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a home that has a funky bedroom. The previous owner put square wooden panels. At first I thought it was unique but now I'm starting to think it's weird and probably will tear it down.

If you disagree, please give a reason or an alternative idea as to why I should keep them

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

I have no idea what's going on with the copper tiles either but that is FOR SURE coming down. Maybe I can make money off of the copper!

Those people must have been watching some of those silly Design on A Dime shows. They went around to some jobs site and dragged home all the scrapes in the burn pile.

Yuk! Some people have no business trying to create (anything!).

While you're ripping out the ugly wall coverings, you might want to take a closer look at the ceiling planks. I see some significant discrepancies in abutting plank surfaces. And the deck outside the sliding door needs some attention as well, as there appears to be missing handrail and/or a large open hole.

Last edited:
Awww you guy just don't understand art :)

It could be a great for a home makeover show!

Anyways there are so many different type of paneling on the market that make remodeling very quick and affordable. In which direction do you want to go? A texture like brick or stone, a specific color for dry wall?

The odd shaped pieces on the copper(?) are ugly. The rectangular panels could be made livable. Painting all the trim white (especially the baseboards) would pull things together

After that, it is up to you to decide.

Nice clean looking fan!! - Is that one with a wireless remote (no chains) and both up and down lights? Sure much classier than the ones with chains and 4 tulip shaped lamps that hang down and are objectionable.

Dick

Last edited:
The copper tiles look horrible! What was that person thinking?! I mean you could leave the rest of it up, the other part isn't TOO bad, but if you had plans to tear it down, go ahead and do it.

As far as the 3 squares go, I would put mirrors in them or put large black and white photos that would fit perfectly inside.

My bigest fear of removing stuff like that, would be what is that stuff hiding :confused: I have some wood 'paneling' at my back-door, and when I pulled one of the strips off, i found that the 'designer' that put it up used some type of adhesive to install it. hope when i go further there isn't a bunch of damage under it

Back