Murray riding mower wiring

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstory

Reaction score
I am not getting any spark to the plug. I have changed the coil and the plug has been used 1/2 of last year. I disconnected the groud kill wire for testing. I have removed all wiring and replace it with new push button for starter and toggle for kill and power to carburetor solenoid. I am including an attachment of the wiring diagram as I have it ran. Was hoping someone and see what I have wrong or give me some advice on what next.
Thanks for any help and taking the time to read this.

LawnMower.jpg

I have removed all wiring including all safety switches. What you see in the diagram is all that is wired.

I would suggest taking a volt meter and start tracing current along the circuit. If you don't have one they are fairly inexpensive.

All the wires are new except the charging wire that goes under the flywheel to the stator. That one is not needed to start the engine only to charge the battery. And I did disconnect it for testing.

Your toggle kill switch should be open for it to have spark.

if you have no spark with the kill wire disconnected. odds are the ignition module is no-good. In a rare situation, the magnets on the flywheel are dead. If you have the kill wire connected, and there is no spark, the switch could be grounding out or the kill wire could be grounding out. The engine needs to be turning at 800 RPM or higher to generate enough energy to jump the gap. Nothing in the rest of the wiring could have an effect on the ignition. if you are using a no-name spark-plug, it is possible that it is dead also.

Daddytron that was what I thought and you finally confirmed it. I haven't had time to work on it lately but appreciate the answer.

Thanks again.

Back