screening in a porch

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hvachawk

Reaction score
I'm looking to screen in my porch and I'm looking for screening that does not let a lot of rain through it. does any one know where i can find it .
thanks for any help.

I have never actually heard of screening that does not let something in.
Any screening will let some rain in, Mabey you are just looking for a smaller knit screen, try your local hardware or lumber store. The big box stores wont carry this material. It is used on higher end homes.
The other way is to get some protection from overhangs or awnings. This would work better than any screens.

Good luck in your search.:)

Back in the 80s maybe even the 70s, there used to be a louvered screen available. It was supposed to keep the water out and still let the air flow through.

It didn't work. It looked good when new, horrible when just a few years old. It dented worse than foil A/C heat sinks or radiators. Moss grew on it and water would seep through it. It faded in the sunlight. I didn't like it.

I did do a Google search and came up nothing. It may not be available anymore.

I have also seen 2 screens spaced 1 1/2 to 2" apart. The first screen was supposed to stop the rain and the second screen was supposed to stop the wind from blowing the accumulated moisture in. I never saw it working. I doubt that it was 100% rain tight.

Back